Access your Act! database from anywhere while still staying connected to your team.
Remote Offline Access allows you to operate on a local copy of the Act! database so you don’t always have to be connected to the Internet. When you do get connected you can easily send/receive any updates to the master copy. You get access to all the data, or you can just use subset of the data that you need. This allows team members who are mobile, or work in separate offices, to still share data and stay connected.
Examples of situations where Act! sync hosting is needed:
- Users who operate from remote offices or from home.
- Laptop users who need to work on the road (or in the air).
- For example, you may have offices in multiple locations, each with their own copy of the database that synchronizes to a master database in the head office.
The benefits of using synchronization over other mobile solutions are:
- You are not reliant upon a permanent internet connection.
- Working on a local copy is faster and more efficient than relying on your Internet download speed.
- Internet access is only required when you want to send/receive updates.
- Administrators are able to segment the data so that end users only see the data that they need (useful for Territory Management).
- Provides true mobility with local integration into Microsoft Office software applications.