Access your Act! database from anywhere without an Internet connection.
Remote Offline Access is achieved through the Act! Synchronization utility. It allows you to operate on a local copy of the Act! database so you don’t always have to be connected to the Internet. You can send/receive any updates to the master copy when you do get connected. You can have access to all the data, or maybe just a subset of the data that you need.
Examples of when you need to use Act! Synchronization are:
- Users who operate from remote offices or from home.
- Laptop users who need to work on the road (or in the air).
- Hosting the main database with an external provider (possibly use Premium for Web) and syncing to a copy of the database for better control of imports/exports and mail merges.
- For example, you may have offices in multiple locations, each with their own copy of the database that synchronizes to a master database in the head office.
The benefits of using synchronization over other mobile solutions are:
- You are not reliant upon a permanent internet connection.
- Working on a local copy is faster and more efficient than relying on your Internet download speed.
- Internet/WAN/LAN access is only required when you send/receive updates.
- Administrators are able to segment the data so that end users only see the data that they need (useful for Territory Management).
- Provides true mobility with local integration into Microsoft Office software applications.
Synchronization is a standard feature of Pro and Premium Act! versions.